Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of insurance do you accept?
Currently we accept MOST PPO insurance plans (as of 7/28/2023).
- Aetna II Plan PPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Anthem/UniCare/DeCare PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- Delta Dental PPO
- Excellus BlueCross Blueshield PPO
- Guardian PPO
- Humana PPO
- Metlife PPO
- Principal PPO
- Sunlife/DHA/Assurant PPO
- United Concordia PPO (UCCI)
- United Healthcare PPO (UHC)
- Unum PPO
We accept benefits for all Out of Network Plans. Payment is required upfront and we will file an insurance claim for reimbursement.
- Emblem/GHI - OON
- CDPHP - Appointments starting after November 2023 or later
Please contact us at 518-308-4200 for more information or to book an appointment.
We DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Following:
- MVP Healthcare
- Medicaid (Through state of New York)
2. Do you see kids?
Yes, we accept children. However, if we experience behavioral issues beyond our control and that compromise the safety of the patient and/or staff during the visit, we will refer to the Pediatric Dental Specialist. They are trained to treat children who are unable to be seen in a general dentistry setting. They also offer sedation in the operating room for non-cooperative patients with severe caries.
3. Where are you located? What are your hours of operation?
We are located at 97 1/2 George Street in Green Island, New York 12183.
Our current hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 7am - 7pm. We are closed select times during the week for training, Holidays, and Vacation. It is HIGHLY ADVISED to book an appointment prior to your visit.
4. What should I do prior to my new patient exam and cleaning (first visit)?
Prior to your first visit, make sure you complete the following:
- Please bring a list of ALL medications you are currently taking. You may also include this information on the medical history form.
- If you have asthma, please bring your inhaler to ALL appointments
- Please bring your insurance card and Drivers License to your next visit.
5. Should I premedicate prior to my appointment?
If you have more than one artificial joint and a compromised medical history, it is REQUIRED to premedicate before ALL appointments (excluding Consults, non-invasive interviews). We will generally require medical clearance from your doctor before starting a treatment plan if you have artificial joints.
6. I have a complex medical history, will I need medical clearance?
If you have a complex medical history (i.e. severe heart conditions, breathing disorders, history of surgeries, blood thinners, etc.) you will likely require medical clearance prior to your appointment.
***Please complete your medical history form prior to the appointment so that we can screen your history and determine if medical consult will be required before your visit. This will save time during your appointment.
7. I have extreme dental fear, how can I relax during my appointment?
During your visit we will make all attempts to help you stay calm and relaxed. Please bring ear phones to listen to your favorite music during your visit. We also have stress balls which aid in stress relief during dental appointments. On your first visit, we will discuss your dental anxiety and find a plan to help you decrease your anxiety, maintain your 6 month checks and improve your oral healthcare.
8. Do you extract 3rd molars?
We do not extract third molars unless they have severe mobility. Generally, we will refer 3rd molar extractions out to an Oral Surgeon.
9. Do you place implants?
At the current time we do not place the implant (screw) but we do restore the crown portion of the implant. We will need to know your implant information prior to restoring the implant with a crown. This information can be obtained from your oral surgeon. We also refer patients for implant placement ; we restore the crown in our office.
10. How do I book an appointment?
There are multiple ways to request an appointment.
1. Call - 518-308-4200
2. Direct Book Online - motivationaldentistry.com
***This is NOT A GUARANTEE, ONLY A REQUEST. We will contact you to confirm appointment. *****
3. Email Request to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. I have old x-rays and records from my previous dentist, should I bring them to my appointment?
Yes, please bring all old x-rays and dental records to your appointment. They will be scanned into your patient profile for future reference.
12. Do you accept walk-ins?
No we do not accept walk-ins. Please contact us at 518-38-4200 to schedule an appointment.
13. What if I don't have insurance? Do you have a payment plan?
Yes, we have a membership program. Here are the details:
MOTIVATIONAL DENTISTRY SMILE CLUB
Child Complete $32/mo or $384/yr
Adult Complete $38/mo or $456/yr
Perio Complete $58/mo or $696/yr
Click JOIN NOW to get started.
Motivational Dentistry Smile Club is great for uninsured patients.
Included Services: 2 Professional Cleanings, 2 Regular Exams, Routine X-rays, 1 Emergency Exam
*Each MD Smile Club includes 10-30% Savings on additional procedures completed in office.
*Child Complete Plan also includes 1 Fluoride Treatment
*Perio Complete Plan also includes 3 Perio Maintenance Visits instead of 2 cleanings
Thanks in Advance,
The Motivational Dentistry Team :)
Have more questions? Email our team at email@example.com